From a large family of peasant origins of the province of Padua, Raffaele and Giuseppe Salmaso moved to Venice in 1954. Were hard years of sacrifice, away from their families, but that will lay the foundation of a tradition that is still preserved today.
Achieved a few years later by their wives Tosca and Savina, transformed what at that time was a small local "ombre and cicchetti" in the renowned Ristorante da Raffaele, enjoyed by the Venetians but also by tourists visiting the city '.
Venice becomes their city’s adoption.
The passion for hospitality and catering, transmitted to his sons Renato, Giovanna, Stefania and Andrea, mean that even today the Salmaso Family manages its business in the first person, in confident expectation of next generation growth:
• Hotel Ala is located in a central position, where even be able to finish the evening with a drink at his American Bar Tarnowska ... a place to discover, born from the fusion of history and mystery wrapped in the same name;
• Pensione Accademia, with its charming atmosphere and wonderful gardens;
• Ristorante da Raffaele, with its romantic terrace on the typical Rio de Ostreghe;
• the new Locanda de la Spada, with breathtaking views of the Grand Canal;
• Residenza Ae Ostreghe and holiday apartments.
ALL THIS CAN GIVE YOU THE SALMASO FAMILY