1) San Marco Square: Visit the Basilica, up to Bell Tower, Doge’s Palace and its Secret Itineraries. A must on the first day!
2) Grand Canal and its wonderful palaces: Vaporetto Tour, line 1 - The easiest and most effective way to explore Venice is by walking, but to admire the majestic palaces that overlook the Grand Canal we suggest a vaporetto tour - line 1. It’s fascinating.
3) Walking around the Rialto Market: To learn about the Venetian culture, a walk to Rialto market is needed. Existing for over a thousand years, you can find fruits and vegetables, but especially fresh fish. It's a real treat to wander among its colorful stalls to discover local products such as the "baby artichokes", “bruscandoli" and "sparesee".
In the evening Rialto is populated by young people and you can dine at one of the many restaurants with stunning views.
4) Museums and Concerts: Academy of Fine Arts, Ca' Rezzonico, Ca' D'Oro, Museo Correr, Peggy Guggenheim, San Rocco, Frari Church, Natural History Museum, Punta della Dogana.
Teatro la Fenice, Musica a Palazzo.
5) Nightlife: THE SPRITZ is our favorite drink and you will find it everywhere. You just have to choose between the variants notes: Aperol, Select or Bitter! Cheers!
Hard Rock Cafe, F30, Il Muro, TARNOWSKA’S American Bar, SANTA MARGHERITA and RIALTO.
Happy Hour on the Panoramic Terrace at Hilton Hotel – Giudecca (vaporetto stop "Palanca").
6) Restaurants, Bacari and Trattorie: Our suggestion is to see Google and make your personal selection.
Some of our recommendations:
Da Raffaele (Famiglia Salmaso) - $$ fish/meat
Osteria di Santa Marina -$$$ fish
Agli Alboretti - $$$ fish/meat
Da Rioba - $$ fish
Da Fiore (S. Polo) - $$$ fish
Al Bacareto - $ fish/meat
Osteria L’Orto dei Mori - $$ fish
Vini Da Gigio - $$ fish
Bacari with “cicheti” variety.
Osteria alla Vedova, Al Mercà, Cantina Da Schiavi, Bancogiro - $
Ai Rusteghi - $$
7) Walking Tour: There is nothing better than getting lost in the streets and squares of Venice. Wandering at random through the city you will come across numerous and fascinating fields, palaces, churches and Venetian streets that will reveal the most "hidden" of the city. Let yourself be lulled by the magic of enchanting atmosphere.
Venice Ghetto, Zattere, Via Garibaldi and the gardens of St. Helena.
Scala Contarini "Del Bovolo"
8) Murano, Burano and Torcello:
Murano, famous all over the world for glass workshop.
Burano, for its wonderful colored houses and handmade laces. Don’t forget to buy “bussolà”, typical Burano biscuits.
Torcello, where Venice began over 1000 years ago.
9) Gondola Tours: Don’t miss the unique routes among the magical Lagoon canals, on the romantic gondola!
It’s a must for everyone!
10) Lido di Venezia: The golden beach hosting the most prestigious Film Festival in the world.